Buenos Aires, December 28th, 2017 (SIGNIS Argentina). The Tapiales International Film Festival, dedicated to short films, celebrated its fourteenth edition in December 2017. The big winners are the productions "los dos cines de Yody Jarsún" and "El asado".
The festival has received more than 900 short films from around the world, to participate in the various selections of the festival.
The SIGNIS Argentina jury was composed of Maxi Subiela, Adrián Baccaro and Verónica Paz and presented an award in the official selection.
The official jury awarded the short film "los dos cines de Yody Jarsun" by Alejandro Gallo Bermudez, who also received the award for Best Screenplay, while filmmaker Ignacio Guggiari with his short film El Asado won the Best direction Award and the SIGNIS Award.
The SIGNIS jury also awarded a special mention to Alas de piedra by Francisco Cechiara Moreno and Sofia Florencia Gariazzo.
Below, find the full list of 2017 winners:
- Best Short Film: Los dos cines de Yody Jarsun by Alejandro Gallo Bermúdez.
- Best foreign short film: La Voce by David Uloth (Canada).
- Best International Animation: Shine by Johanne Flick (USA).
- Best director : El asado by Ignacio Guggiari.
- Best production: El acto de mentir by Facundo Romero.
- Best screenplay: Los dos cines de Yody Jarsun by Alejandro Gallo Bermúdez.
- Best photography: Pixied by Agostina Ravazola and Gabriela Sorroza.
- Best sound: Onión de Juan Pablo Zaramella.
- RAFMA Mirada Matanza Award Section: La Mirada Indolente by Sebastián Camacho.
- SIGNIS Prize: El Asado by Ignacio Guggiari.
- Special mention SIGNIS: Alas de piedra by Francisco Cechiara Moreno and Sofia Florencia Gariazzo.