Budapest, October 10th, 2017 (OSCE). The OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (OSCE/ODIHR) is pleased to offer a three-day capacity building event on effective communication and promotion of human rights in the digital age for human rights defenders (HRDs) from 57 OSCE participating states. The objective of the training is to enable HRDs to independently use digital communication, investigation and design tools to communicate and present human rights messages more effectively, to develop stronger links with citizens and to counter negative narratives.
Human Rights Communication 2.0 will take place in Budapest from 5 to 7 December 2017 and will start with a public event featuring experts from various fields, including digital communications, psychology, new media, marketing, open-source and data-driven investigations techniques & design, aiming to provide participants with new insights on how to communicate about human rights.
Day two and three of the event will be devoted to practical workshops for HRDs, enabling them to acquire new skills and knowledge while working and creating solutions for issues HRDs bring to the workshops themselves. The working language of the event will be English, translation into Russian will be provided. The workshops will require a high level of active participation and the content will be tailored to the interests of the participants.
For more information regarding OSCE participating states please visit the OSCE website.
OSCE/ODIHR will invite 30 Human Rights Defenders* to attend this event. The participants will be selected according to the following criteria:
● Proven track record as a human rights defender;
● Citizenship of one of the OSCE participating states;
● Prior experience in human rights communication, advocacy and/or public relations;
● Strength/relevance of the proposed human rights communication issue/project, the participant wants to tackle during the capacity building event;
● Relevance of the training for future human rights communication activities of the participant and his or her organization;
● Computer literacy and willingness to learn digital design and investigation tools;
● Capacity and readiness to bring back and share received knowledge/skills with organization/community;
● Fluency either in English or Russian.
DEADLINE for application: applicants are kindly requested to fill in the following application questionnaire and to link their CV, either through a cloud service (Dropbox, Google Drive etc.) or a public LinkedIn profile, to the application form no later than 16 OCTOBER 2017.
Please apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdk6NNAkG0WTzErEmTD4O0jfS6RkxdpIqMT4835PFyDj3wn6A/viewform